We hope you are staying safe and healthy.
Given the impact of COVID-19, we want to provide you with an update on how it will affect our business, measures we are taking to remain safe and clean during the outbreak, and tips on how to treat parcels you are receiving into your home.
Firstly, we would like to assure you that we are currently operating (online only), as usual, enforcing practical and thorough hygienic measures while handling all online orders. Fortunately, this does not differ much from our regular routine as we always ensure hygienic processes; however, we have increased the amount of deep cleaning to ensure work spaces are sanitized before and after every new order.
We take your health very seriously. Below are the measures we are taking to ensure your safety:
- All stock remains isolated and each individual brush remains untouched in its individual sleeve.
- All picking, packing, and shipping procedures are being completed with gloves and masks on. Frequent and increased hand washing is also in place. New gloves and masks are worn with each new packing shift. We are doing these measures as extra precautionary measures to protect our customers. We feel it also important to note that gloves and masks are being used proportionately. We are fortunate to have maintained a small stock of masks and gloves before and throughout the outbreak, and as a small business can maintain a low number needed overall. This allows us to practice a precautionary response without taking much needed supplies away from doctors, nurses, and other care providers.
- Since we are a small business we are able to limit the amount of people in contact with our stock and materials to two people. The two handlers of our materials are in good health, and have been self-isolating and social distancing since the beginning of March and continue to do so. As mentioned, they are also wearing gloves when in contact with stock and materials.
- There has been no skin-to-material contact with any of our stock or shipping materials in the past 90-days and we continue to practice these sanitary methods.
- Shipping stations and surfaces are being disinfected before and after EVERY shipment; therefore, every online order is being fulfilled on a freshly sanitized, clean, dry surface.
- Shipping and packing materials also remain isolated; no new materials have been or are being brought in during the outbreak. We are fortunate to have fully stocked all of our materials well prior to the outbreak.
- We are following guidance from public health authorities and remain up-to-date with all recommendations provided by our local government and health organizations, as well as from the World Heath Organization.
At this time, we are offering free shipping for orders over $65. We have also introduced eGift Cards. eGift Cards are a great reminder that you're thinking of someone while ensuring you're practicing social distancing. Anyone with a birthday or special occasion occurring during these uncertain times deserves a pick-me-up. And if you think a Bristles Beauty eGift Card will do, we're happy to provide it. eGift Cards are available in $25 denominations, from $25 to $300. They also serve as a thoughtful alternative to sending online shopping should your area's mail delivery service be overwhelmed. You can learn more and take advantage of our eGift Card option here.
As your online shopping does increase, it's important to take care with the parcels you are receiving into your home. According to the WHO it is safe to still receive packages, and we know that for many of us online shopping had already become the new normal before the COVID-19 outbreak. Here are our tips for extra precaution once you've received packages from any eCommerce store:
- Bring your parcel in and unbox it on one surface that is easy to clean.
- Wash your hands with soap before and after unboxing your parcel. Avoid touching your face, including eyes, nose, and mouth, while opening your parcel.
- Discard outer item packaging, ensuring you wash your hands again before touching any of the actual unwrapped items you received.
- Wash applicable materials when able before using your item (i.e., wash any blankets, clothes, brushes, etc., that you receive before using). Follow all care instructions recommended by the manufacturer or sender to ensure you're able to wash the item or to discover other means of sanitizing your item when necessary.
- Once empty, properly dispose of the parcel box and any other waste materials to your safe/outdoor waste or recycle receptacles.
- Disinfect the surface(s) that your parcel touched. As the WHO recommends, clean the surface with a simple disinfectant to kill any present virus, then wash your hands with soap and water.
Once again, we hope you are staying safe and healthy. Although it's a troubling time, all of us can and will get through this together. We're here if you have any questions or concerns, or even if you fancy a nice chat about brushes.
Bri & Nie
Owners, Bristles Beauty