The perfect brush to add dimension to your beautiful face! The F08 fits in those nooks and crannies of your face like a dream come true, and it's as soft as a cloud, making it perfect for highlighting, contouring, or even blushing and bronzing.
THE FINE DETAILS
In every 90s rom-com there’s a moment when the male lead delicately brushes a piece of perfectly-placed hair out of the female lead’s eyes. And she’s all like, “Oh, wow, how incredible, it’s like you really see the real me...my hair has been what was stunting my heteronormative experiences this whole time!” And he’s all like, “Damn, gurl, hope you like 20 seconds of unadulterated *eye gazing*, because I’m about to not blink so hard.” If you, too, are waiting for such a deliciously desirous and emotional epiphany, look no further. One stroke of the F08 is enough to satisfy the longing for a thousand romantic movie montages.
Who needs a boyfriend, girlfriend, or random Tinder hookup when you have a brush as soft as this? Well, okay, while it may not completely rid you of the desire for human touch, it definitely comes close.
The size of the F08 makes it perfect for the cheeks and perimeters of the face, while the angle was made for those gorgeous cheekbones of yours. Although it's our official highlight and contouring brush, the F08 knows no bounds! Use it for blush and bronzer, too. The perfect density of natural bristles means that any amount of product will blend on and create a soft-focus effect, seamlessly diffusing product onto your skin. Try it for setting with powder, too, and you will surely not be disappointed.
- Contour your cheekbones by placing the F08 ever so slightly under your cheekbone, then using soft, upwards strokes to define the area. Start at the middle of your ear, then move along your cheekbone until you reach about mid-cheek; stop when the brush lines up with the middle of your eye. For a softer look, keep blending with the F08 in soft strokes, not straying above or below your original placement.
- Add dimension to the perimeter of your face by using the F08 to contour your forehead and jawline. Use long, soft strokes to add your contour against your hairline and just under your jawline before blending with small circular motions.
- Use short, patting strokes to build up the colour to your desired intensity.
- Add highlight to the tops of your cheeks using soft dabbing motions before sweeping slightly to blend seamlessly.
- Gently squeeze the brush horizontally towards the middle of the bristles to make it smaller before gently sweeping highlighter in more targeted areas, such as the chin, nose, cupid's bow, or forehead.
- Subtly build warmth to the skin by working your favourite bronzer into the bristles of F08 (dip into your powder liberally, then work it lightly in tight circles on the back of your hand to distribute the product evenly), then sweep the F08 in the shape of a "3" across the right side of your face: from the center of forehead curved down to the temple, from the temple into the center of the cheek, then back out to the ear before curving just along the jaw. Diffuse with light circular motions and repeat on the other side of the face.
- For a pop of blush use short patting strokes in your desired area; for diffused blush use longer strokes and diffuse with small circular motions.
- Instead of setting the entire face, use the F08 to powder just the areas that need it, such as under the eyes and in the T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Lightly press into your powder and use the F08 in short, soft pressing strokes to set the area. Lightly diffuse the edges of the set area using feathering strokes once most of the product is off of the brush.
Most importantly, remember that makeup isn't moderated, and that you are your own beauty boss. Use the brush however you see fit: whatever feels right to you and makes you feel the most beautiful.
SIZE DOES MATTER
TOTALLY BIASED TIPS & TAKES
"This brush. This BRUSH. You guys. Seriously, I can't live without having two of these with me at all times. One for highlight and one for contour. And if in some crazy turn of events I could never wear makeup again, I would still use this brush, just to gently stroke over my cheek. That may sound weird now, but when you feel how soft it is, you'll understand." - Bri, CEO & Co-Owner of Bristles Beauty, and Makeup Artist
Learn more about Bri & Nie and the process used to create Bristles Brushes here.